We have geographical expertise in South East Asia, especially Indonesia and the Philippines, Australian society, including Aboriginal Australia, Melanesia, Europe and North America.
Our conceptual interests span religions, political economy, kinship, gender, education, migration, landscapes, media, development, property, creativity and ethnographic research.
We also host Anthropological Forum.
Geographical Focus Areas
Asia and the Pacific
- Religions: Dr Richard Davis, Dr Jane Anderson, Dr Debra McDougall
- Political Economy: Professor Michael Pinches, Dr Debra McDougall
- Gender and Sexuality: Dr Richard Davis, Dr Jane Anderson, Dr Debra McDougall
- Education: Associate Professor Martin Forsey
- Migration:Professor Loretta Baldassar, Professor Farida Fozdar
- Environment, Space and Place: Dr Gregory Acciaioli, Professor Michael Pinches
- Media: Dr Richard Davis, Dr Gregory Acciaioli
- Development, NGOs, NPOs: Dr Gregory Acciaioli, Dr Debra McDougall
- Property:Associate Professor Katie Glaskin, Dr Debra McDougall
- Creativity: Associate Professor Katie Glaskin, Dr Richard Davis, Dr John Stanton
- Ethnographic research: Dr Richard Davis, Professor Victoria Burbank, Dr Gregory Acciaioli, Dr Debra McDougall, Associate Professor Martin Forsey, Professor Michael Pinches, Associate Professor Katie Glaskin, Dr John Stanton