- UWA awarded $17.8 million in national research funding
Tue, 01 Nov 2016
The University of Western Australia has received $17.8 million for 42 new research projects as part of the Australian Research Council’s major grants announcement.
- Archaeologists find world's oldest axe in WA's Kimberley
Wed, 11 May 2016
The University of Western Australia’s Associate Professor Jane Balme is part of an Australian archaeology team involved in the discovery of the world’s oldest-known edge-ground hafted axe from the Kimberley region of Western Australia.
- Azim Zahir, PhD Student, Centre for Muslim States and Societies shares his recent interview:‘Bangladesh’s Struggle with History’ with ABC Radio
Thu, 28 Apr 2016
Azim Zahir was recently interviwed on ABC radio's Ethics and Religion programme discussing Bangladesh's struggle with history.
- Debra McDougall (Senior Lecturer, Anthropology and Sociology, UWA School of Social Sciences) has written a new book, Engaging with Strangers: Love and Violence in the Rural Solomon Islands
Thu, 10 Mar 2016
Debra McDougall (Senior Lecturer, Anthropology and Sociology, UWA School of Social Sciences) has written a new book, Engaging with Strangers: Love and Violence in the Rural Solomon Islands (Volume 6, ASAO Studies in Pacific Anthropology Series, Berghahn Books). This ethnographic study draws on more than two and a half years of field research carried out over the span of more than a decade.
- "Nigeria In The 21st Century"Public lecture presented by Prof. Patrick Utomi Lagos Business School Pan-Atlantic University, Nigeria
Tue, 23 Feb 2016
The UWA Africa Research Cluster and the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade invite you to a special public lecture:
WHEN:Tuesday 1 March 2016. Lecture 5.15pm, followed by reception
WHERE:Fox Lecture Theatre (FOX 106: G59), Ground Floor Room G59, Arts Building
RSVP: Entry is free but seating is limited. Please register here:
- More News
Events : School of Social Sciences
Events : UWA
There are no events scheduled at this time.